Zyme is the global leader in the emerging channel data management (CDM) space, empowering the New Smart Channel™, a proven approach to creating visibility to actionable knowledge that manufacturers need to accelerate partner sales and optimize marketing program ROI. Zyme's flexible, cloud-based offerings facilitate enterprise-grade decisions by responding to real-time, granular channel intelligence. Benefits include better-targeted MDF, co-op, and rebate programs, plus improved segmentation. Zyme replaces outdated, ad-hoc systems with a state-of-the-art, cloud-based platform, data steward services, and a worldwide channel directory of more than 900,000 partners for guaranteed database quality, support for a wider range of formats, and best practices that enhance reporting compliance. Industry leaders like Dell, VMware, Fujitsu, Plantronics, Xerox, Symantec, Lenovo, GoPro, Armstrong World Industries, and Seagate rely on Zyme. Headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA, Zyme has offices in Texas, China, India and the UK. For more information, visit www.zyme.com.
- Responsible for maintaining, installation, configuration and upgrading MySQL databases. Good to have knowledge on Oracle Database.
- Database administration including security, backup, performance-tuning, Disaster recovery and resolve broad range of database related problems on a daily basis working along with team of DBA's.
- Work with developers in defining optimal database architecture, optimizing SQL queries and overall performance tuning.
- Building strategy for maintenance and migration/upgrade from DEV to UAT and PROD.
- Thorough understanding of disaster recovery, planning and implementation.
- Have knowledge of monitoring MySQL instances, Innodb engine, capacity planning of databases and forecast required H/W, software licenses.
- Work with QA, deployment team and Product Management to understand requirements and work on database patch on UAT and production.
- Work in on-call and be available as and when required along with a team of DBA's.
- Monitor and optimize MySQL database performance and capacity planning.
- Establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Root cause analysis of database related issues.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot DB Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Understanding of OS, network, Storage, memory , OS variables primarily on Linux Platform primarily. Thorough working experience in Linux environment is mandatory.
- Should be able to do POC's on requirements and new releases independently.
- Should have 4+ years working experience in both MySQL Databases. Majority of the experience should be on MySQL 5.6.X and above , MySQL Enterprise Backup (MEB) 3.8.X and above , MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.X and above, Infobright [ good to have].
- Experience working in large [50+ ] database instance environments with size ranging up-to 1TB having Master-Slave replications
- Good to have basic understanding of Oracle Database 11g w.r.t administration and backup.
- Should have thorough knowledge of MySQL master-slave replication.
- Familiar with InnoDB engine and performance tuning related to InnoDB engine.
- Understand existing Backup and Design and Implement various MYSQL backup/recovery strategies
- Should have thorough knowledge of shell scripting .Should have worked on complex shell scripts.[any of bash/Perl/python/C]
- Preferred knowledge of monitoring MySQL databases through Nagios.
- Good to have knowledge of Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and working with Oracle Support.
- Should be capable to understand and Improve upon the existing and create/update new Documents, standards and best practices.
- Preferred knowledge of Datamodelling tools like DBDesigner/ Erwin w.r.t MySQL databases.
- Understand requirements and deploy specific configuration databases as and when required by development team. Strong communication skills are necessary for interaction with other teams. Should have good presentation skills.
- Should have experience of working in VLDB with Millions of transactions and size of 1TB+
- Should have experience working with MySQL Enterprise Backup Version 3.8.X and above , MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.3.X and above, or similar technology on MySQL 5.6.X and above Databases,
- Should be ready to work on weekend and after-hours deployment tasks as and when required.
- Total 4+ years Experience as MySQL DBA , strong shell scripting, Linux command line skills. Strong communication and presentation skills. Good to have knowledge on Oracle Database & Data modeling tools.
- Regular Full Time Degree in Engineering, MCA or equivalent from a recognized university/institute.