Zyme is the global leader in the emerging channel data management (CDM) space, empowering the New Smart Channel™, a proven approach to creating visibility to actionable knowledge that manufacturers need to accelerate partner sales and optimize marketing program ROI. Zyme's flexible, cloud-based offerings facilitate enterprise-grade decisions by responding to real-time, granular channel intelligence. Benefits include better-targeted MDF, co-op, and rebate programs, plus improved segmentation. Zyme replaces outdated, ad-hoc systems with a state-of-the-art, cloud-based platform, data steward services, and a worldwide channel directory of more than 900,000 partners for guaranteed database quality, support for a wider range of formats, and best practices that enhance reporting compliance. Industry leaders like Dell, VMware, Fujitsu, Plantronics, Xerox, Symantec, Lenovo, GoPro, Armstrong World Industries, and Seagate rely on Zyme.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with a driven work ethic who can fit into a collaborative, results-oriented work culture. We need someone to help play an integral executive leadership role in the company helping to shape the future of Channel Data Management.
Headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA, Zyme has offices in Texas, China, India and the UK. For more information about Zyme visit us at www.zyme.com.
As a key member of the sales leadership team, the Director, Alliances & Channels, will be responsible for building on Zyme’s partner momentum with ISVs and Global System Integrators. He/ she will cultivate strong relationships with partners, work with Zyme field teams on joint sales cycles with partners, and ensure that both Zyme and our partners find success in the marketplace. Reporting to the SVP of Sales, he/she will drive go-to-market and market development activities with strategic alliance partners like Accenture, including coordinating pre-sales activities such as proposals, analyses, and workshops. He/ she will work with the Alliance Manager and Product Management teams to conduct sales enablement sessions with ISVs in the Zyme Connect Program, develop leads and opportunities that originate from Zyme’s partners, and build new partnerships that are aligned with Zyme’s vision and mission.
The right candidate will have strong leadership and relationship building skills and a passion for helping our field and partners unleash the value in channel data.
- Build on existing momentum with Zyme partners like Accenture, Salesforce.com and others
- Work closely with alliance partners to develop and execute a global go-to-market plan that drives all aspects of the partner relationship including: lead referrals and revenue opportunities, partner marketing opportunities, application integration, partner and Zyme field-team visibility, and joint solution opportunities
- Execute on specific targets for number of partner-generated and partner-engaged sales revenue opportunities – with Zyme field sales teams
- Navigate partner organization and facilitate meetings with account executives, senior management, marketing, and product development
- Present and articulate the Zyme vision and value proposition, and demonstrate Zyme’s solutions at a high level
- Create tools, documents and collateral (in coordination with Marketing team) for use by Zyme and partner organizations
- Market and update partner teams on Zyme progress, customer wins and new features, on a quarterly basis or as required
- Constantly drive to improve Zyme positioning and visibility within partner organization as a visionary and innovator, and a successful partner to do business with
- Create opportunities to showcase joint successes to the marketplace as well as Zyme and partner organizations, including at partner or industry conferences
Required Skills, Experience and Personal Characteristics
- Proven success as an Alliances and Channels leader within an enterprise technology
- Early Stage DNA – Start-up and growth company experience - this leader must possess an entrepreneurial mindset and have a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic. He/she must be comfortable with ambiguity and rapid rates of change
- Results driven and able to achieve/exceed quarterly objectives
- Ability to develop creative partner marketing and lead generation programs
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal with internal/external teams
- Ability to work in a global team environment, requiring participating in meetings outside normal business hours and travel
- Able to develop, implement and manage global alliances and partnerships
- Enterprise Focus – This leader must have experience and success positioning complex solutions into the Global Fortune 1000
- Strategic - The successful candidate will be both a cerebral delivery leader who is strategic beyond tactical execution and able to work cross-functionally within Zyme.
- Collaborative - Able to participate and play a key role on the management team, significantly contributing to the overall corporate strategy. Able to communicate strategic customer insights and contribute to the long-term direction of Zyme and the CDM space.
- The successful candidate will have excellent external-facing relationship-building skills and is strong at navigating and managing partner and customer relationships.
- Passion for Zyme – Can develop a strong and unwavering belief in the opportunity in front of Zyme.
- Is highly compatible with Zyme Core Skills and expectations.
- 10+ years Business Development, Alliances experience, Managing partners/ partner ecosystem
- Previous experience in enterprise software ecosystem e.g. Salesforce.com, SAP, Oracle, Business Intelligence solutions
- Familiarity with core enterprise business processes, e.g. sales operations, channel management, supply chain management
- BS/BA; MBA a plus